Rice Krispies Nests
I have been making way too many Rice Krispies treats during quarantine. The boys love to help in the kitchen and Rice Krispies treats is our to go-to recipe. This time, instead of making a square pan of Rice Krispies treats, we decided to use a cupcake tray to make individual little nests filled with chocolate candy eggs. These Rice Krispies nests are perfect for Easter!
- 5 cups marshmallows
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini eggs
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the marshmallows. Stir the mixture until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from heat, then immediately stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the rice cereal, folding it into the marshmallow mixture until all of the cereal is incorporated. Make sure each piece of cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Grease a 12-cup cupcake tray.
- Wet your hands and scoop about 1/4 cup portions of the Rice Krispies into the prepared cupcake tray.
- Press the Rice Krispies into a cup shape.
- Allow the Rice Krispies cups to set and harden for half an hour before popping them out of the cupcake tray.
- Fill with treats. We used mini eggs but M&M’s or any type of candy will do the job 🙂
Need more Easter fun? Try these cute Easter bunny pancakes!