Best Orange Cake Recipe
This orange cake is my mom’s recipe that I always requested, because the cake comes out very moist and tasty. There’s orange in every bite of this homemade bundt cake!
I’m very confident that you and your family will enjoy this recipe 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp powder milk
- 1 whole lemon zest
- 1 whole orange zest
- Cooking-oil spray
- Jam to topping
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Coat a 10-cup Bundt pan with a cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, powered milk and baking powder very well.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat in eggs with vanilla extract until blended.
- Add orange and lemon zest.
- Add sugar and beat well until light and fluffy.
- Pour the orange juice and beat well.
- Add oil and continue beating.
- Then add the dry ingredients over the already mixed batter with the mixer on low. Beat just until it comes together. Do not overmix!
- Spread batter in the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it, about 55 minutes.
- Cool pan on a rack 10 minutes, then invert cake onto a serving plate and let cool for a little bit.
- Spread Apricot jam over it. You might have to warm up the jam before spreading.
- Eat it all up!
- Beat the eggs and sugar until you see bubbles
- Wait at least 15 minutes before opening the oven
- Replace powdered milk for 6 tbsp of regular milk
- Most cakes are best unmolded from the pan while they are still warm.
- Heating the jam for a few seconds (I use the microwave), makes it easier to spread.
- Optional: sprinkle coconut flakes or powdered sugar before serving.
Check out my other chocolate cake recipe too!